Monday, May 30, 2016

First Day

(Central Park)
Hello friends, Last night at about 9:30 I arrived in New York City. I rolled up with two bags and unlimited ambition. I was instantly inspired by the skyline lights that caught my eye just minutes prior to landing. My first thoughts being "This city is no joke." I was welcomed to the fast paced city by ACCIDENTALLY  dropping my bag on some dude in the subway and he was not happy about it at all. I turned red quickly as he started cussing me out in front of everyone sitting in the train. I didn't say much other than "I'm so sorry sir, I didn't mean for that to happen." For some random reason he was not pleased with my repeated response. He kept going on and on for about 15 minutes before I had to get off the bus. Was I scared? A little bit. I was most worried about becoming un-chained and losing my temper. Usually I try avoid confrontation and try my hardest to be a gentlemen when it comes to situations like these ones but I was right on the brink of fighting and arguing back (good thing I didn't).
(Dre)



I arrived to the residence that i'll be staying at for the next little while and it is GHETTO (BUT I LOVE IT). The building is located in the urban district of Spanish Harlem. I'm getting the full experience and I say that because there aren't many tourists hanging out in this part of town. I was walking out of my apartment right when I ran into 2 dudes. I decided to start a conversation so I said "How's it going?" and they replied with "You looking for any weed?" hah thats just how it works out here. I managed to spark up a conversation with these 2 while they smoked. The conversation spiraled into me being friends with them. Within the hour we were already at a little cafe eating a whole entire chicken. If that doesn't scream friendship I don't know what does ;) (FUN FACT: Dre grew up with ASAP ROCKY & ASAP FERG.). If there is one lesson that I have learned in the short 1 day of being here its that "people are willing to be your friend if you approach them in the right  manner." Im excited to keep writing about my journey. Next blog entry coming tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment